Tuesday 3 July 2007

3/7 - "Mum I'm Going To Be On The Radio!"

I have just found out that Dave (editor of The Jungle Drums) is to host a "breakfast show" on a Spanish national radio station (www.rem.fm), I say breakfast show in parenthasis because it starts at 11am (which I guess is breakfast for the laid back Spaniards - lol).

Well Dave wants to call me every week, on a Friday, to chat about "whats new in the world of computers?" - nervous - OH YEA!

Anyway, it should be fun, you will be able to hear me make a dick of myself (who cares!), by downloading a recording of the show from www.thejungledrums.com, however as I am also responsible for uploading the audio file, if it goes really badly I think that I may "lose" the file!

Oh, and just incase you were wondering whether my Spanish had dramatically improved, no it hasnt, the radio station is an English "talk radio" station - phew!

3 comments:

Alan Briscoe said...

Just remember - Video killed the radio star.

Don't worry about it, just think that you are talking to someone you know rather that into a microphone. That should help. If it don't have a couple of cheeky cold ones before - used to work for me.

Unknown said...

Dont worry Rich, you have a face for the radio!

Richard Cavender said...

Well that was a bit of a letdown!

The guy that runs the show decided to hand in his notice - clearly worried about me sounding better than him on the radio ;-)

Anyway, that was the end of the my "Miles Mendosa" style spot on a radio show - killed before I started, cur off in my prime - ho hum, my loss really is everyone else's gain!